(This is the 13th article of the series of learning design tips from dominKnow KnowledgeBase)
You can email media in an attachment to Claro and then import it into the Media Library. You can even email an attachment from your mobile device to Claro!
The email subject is the title used in Claro and the body is the description.
To email and then import images from an email attachment to the Media Library
- First, attach your media to an email message. Give the email an appropriate subject for its title in Claro. Enter text in the body of the email for the description.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address you registered in Claro. You will receive an email from dominKnow support shortly thereafter (with the subject the same as yours). See below for the contents of the email.
- In the Media Library, click the Check Email button. NOTE: How long will it take before it arrives? This is not dependant on Claro, but is dependent on the file size and the outgoing server’s bandwidth and service. The Check Email action in the Media Library pings the Claro server to look for it, according to your registered email address, when you click the button.
- The media asset(s) open in the library. Click each one to Edit and add a meaningful title, description, and tags.
You can also upload a zip package containing many media files or upload media directly from your computer hard drive or other device to the Media Library.
See The Media Library, Upload media from my computer, Upload a zip file for more information.
The confirmation email from dominKnow support
This message is to let you know that we have received your emailed photo/video attachment.
To use or access the file(s) you emailed simply sign-in to your Claro system and follow these instructions:
- Sign In to Claro.
- Close the SplashBoard by opening your desired course or clicking the close button in the top Right of the SplashBoard window.
- Click the “Open the Media Library” button in the QuickLinks toolbar. The QuickLinks are in the top left of the Browser window above the Ribbon.
- Once the Media Library is open click the “Check Email” button on the left menu. Your asset will be loaded into view and you can select it.
Just like any other asset you can now add / update the title, description and tags and use it within any course(s) you want.
PLEASE NOTE, there are a few things to consider when you email assets:
- If you sent the email with the attachment(s) from an email address other than the one that is registered as your user name in Claro, it will not be accepted.
- If any one of your file(s) are larger than 10MB, it will not be accepted.
- If the file(s) you send do not match the permitted file formats they will not be accepted.
- Images (PNG, JPG, GIF)
- Video (MP4, M4V, MOV)
- Audio (MP3, AAC)
HTML5 Mobile Learning Authoring