ARLearn is a cloud-based tool suite for educators and learners supporting different phases and activities for field trips, role-playing games and classroom response systems.. Learners can use the ARLearn app to explore and annotate the real world, while teacher can monitor their progress in real time. On this web site you can check out the source code of this project.
The ARLearn platform is intended for teachers that organize a field trip, but can support other serious game scenarios as well. For instance, professionals could use the app when inspecting a site and make notes that are synchronised with their current location. With a web based authoring tool, teachers can add assignments or information to a map.
For more information on how to use ARLearn, check out the getting started page on the project page. The ARLearn android app is available via Google play. Content for the ARLearn framework can be created with the authoring tool (demomstrated below). An iOS (iphone/ipad) version is currently under construction.
- Four kinds of media objects: narrative objects, multiple choice questions, videos and audio objects.
- Map based (re)positioning of media items
- A powerful notification framework. Modifications to runs or games are made available real time to the android app.
- Support for downloading games and runs to your computer, so that they can be reused.
Check out this presentation by Dr. Stefaan Ternier with more information in depth:
- Toward a Mobile Learning Friendly Environment (classroom-aid.com)