Sharon Boller, President of Bottom-Line Performance, has authored a new white paper: “Learning Trends, Technologies and Opportunities.” Using both quantitative research and anecdotal evidence from the work with Fortune 500 clients, Sharon uncovers both what the learning and development field currently looks like AND where is it headed in the next 12 – 18 months.
In section two, “Emerging Trends and Technologies,” Sharon shares the 7 learning trends that will grow in 2013 and beyond:
1. Less desktop and more mobile…but not that fast.
2. Fewer full-sized courses. More learning snacks, ePubs, videos, and reference tools.
3. Less focus on the LMS; More focus on Tin Can API.
4. Less Tell; More Games and Gamification.
5. Less PPT-only; More Cool Interactive Tools within Lectures.
6. Less Formal Training; More Informal Social Learning.
7. Less Trainers; More Community Managers and Curators.
In short, the white paper is literally packed with relevant research and information. It’s available as a free download right here.