A piece of sharing from a teacher in love with PD and “games in education”…
So yes, even though I am on vacation, I am going to PD and getting my learning fix on. If you are in the area and will be attending #GiE, send me a tweet at @MissCheska!
Here’s a list of tentative sessions I have my eye on for the next two days:
- What? How? Why? Teaching with Digital Games in the Classroom
- Surrounding Commercial Games with Academic Learning
- Playing with Misconceptions: Using Digital Games and Interactive Metaphors in the Science Classroom
- Video Game Design: From ICT to Inquiry
- 3D Models: The Cloud, Constellations, and the Solar System
What are your thoughts on teacher PD as a recreational activity?
Note: Games in Education is a multi-day symposium which focuses on the topic of using video games to supplement and inspire in-classroom education. Participants span early childhood through post secondary educators in New York’s Capital District and surrounding regions who are interested in finding ways to use video games and related technology to enrich and inspire interest by students in core curriculum topics. The symposium has run annually since 2007 and is free for educators to attend. The video stream channel is here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/games-in-education#.