The “Serious and Educational Gaming” guide from University of North Texas (UNT) provides an overview of the serious and educational game resources, as well as recommended web sites, blogs, professional associations and conferences.
A serious game is designed to educate and teach problem solving, educators who are interested in game-based learning will find the resource collection useful. In this library you can find different kinds of resources around using gaming for educational purpose, including:
- Articles : there are tutorials, recommended databases and electronic resources for you to search for what you need, also a selection of journals related to game development is available
- Books : a large collection of print and electronic books on the topic of serious and educational gaming in UNT library
- Websites : a list of both mainstream and industry-specific websites that deal with gaming and serious games (not a complete list)
- Professional development : loaded with related conferences, associations, jobs and careers
- Reference sources : dictionaries, handbooks & encyclopedias about gaming
- Serious games : a selection of examplary serious games like WeTopia(play for good), FoldIt, Atlantis Remixed (ARX), NASA Classroom, Scratch, and lots of games on the web